Defensive Tactics Institute’s “Pistol Fundamentals Series”
“Practice Does Not Make Perfect; Perfect Practice Makes Perfect”
– Bernie Major, CPS
Three Reasons to Take D.T.I.’s “Pistol Fundamental Series”:
1. The Course is an Excellent Alternative to Using Ammo: Everyone knows there’s a lack of ammunition in the U.S., and the ammo that is available is exponentially more expensive than it used to be. Unfortunately, no one really knows when this reality will change, but Bernie Major, CPS has developed a comprehensive course that allows you to sharpen your shooting skills without using any ammunition. This in-depth course will present you with expert instruction that is beneficial for both beginners and advanced gun enthusiasts alike.
2. Firearm Safety is at the Heart of the Course: At the beginning of the course and throughout, Major emphasizes the absolute importance of practicing safety when working with firearms. You will be instructed to ensure your pistol is empty prior to participating. This course provides you with the unique opportunity to practice confidently in the comfort of your own home, without risking injury to yourself or your loved ones.
3. You Will Learn Shooting Tactics that even Gun Experts May Not Know: Did you know that breathing correctly will improve your shooting skills? Breathing directly affects your accuracy when shooting any firearm, but is amplified with a pistol. You will learn actual breathing methods and see through pictorial demonstration how breathing in an incorrect manner inhibits accuracy.
Take D.T.I.’s “Pistol Fundamental Series” if You’re Serious About Shooting Well
Bernie Major will take you through 8 in-depth sections as though you’re standing next to him. Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn:
- Grip: You will learn how to hold a gun correctly and according to whether you are right- or left-hand dominant. Using the correct gun-holding techniques sets you up for successful, on-target shooting.
- Stance: A stance is an effort to allow the human body to brace against forces that may cause you to lose your balance. You will specifically learn about the Isosceles Stance and the scientific reasons behind why this stance is so effective.
- Sight Alignment: Excellent sight alignment is key to accurate shooting. You will learn the art of achieving sight alignment – something many advanced shooters do not know.
- Sight Picture: You will learn the practice of superimposing your perfect sight alignment onto the target, a skill that takes attention to detail and is integral to accurate shooting practices.
- Breathing: You will learn how the seemingly simple act of breathing correctly drastically affects your shooting practices – a skill even many experienced shooters are lacking.
- Presentation: You will learn the art of presentation, which is a cumulative skill rooted in good grip, stance, sight and breathing.
- Trigger Control: The act of pressing the trigger needs to be done with care, and is the final step in placing the round in the center of the target. You will learn the imperative tools for effective trigger manipulation.
- Dry Fire Drill: At the end of the course, you will be assigned the task of doing a dry fire drill 20-50 times once or twice per week. Remember, “Practice does NOT make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect.” – Bernie Major, CPS
Bernie Major is a 6-year military veteran with unarmed/armed combat and riot control tactics, PPCT and E. R. T. experience. He has worked on stalking cases and protected high profile people including one of Forbes’ recognized top 100 executives. He is also an Honors graduate from Executive Security International as a Certified Protection Specialist. Sign up for Bernie’s Online Pistol Fundamentals Series today: http://dtinstitute.com/shop/online-pistol-fundamentals-course